Who We Are:
We are the largest credit union in Atlantic Canada. We have 10 branch locations across PEI which span from Montague to Tignish. We have over 165 employees taking care of the financial needs of more than 35,000 Islanders.
We are committed to the following core values in operating our organization:
• We go above and beyond for our people - members, staff, and board.
• We are accountable and have integrity.
• We work together as a team.
• We seek to continuously improve.
• We act in the best interests of our communities.
Who You Are:
You are excited about the opportunity to engage with our members and deliver a memorable member experience when assisting them with their personal banking needs. You are an organized, multi-tasker that enjoys a fast-paced environment. You are eager to learn about financial products and services and what makes Credit Unions unique from other financial institutions. You are passionate about helping your community, interested in being part of a remarkable team, and want to help grow prosperity in Prince Edward Island.
What You’ll Do:
• Provides individual financial counseling and information to members on loan services and deposit products available through the credit union.
• Analyzes applicants’ personal and financial data to determine lending/investment needs, loan feasibility, verifies applicant’s credit worthiness, establishes credit limits, approves or declines loan within approved lending limits, while ensuring loan agreements are complete and accurate according to requirements.
• Sells various deposit services including term deposits, RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs, LIFs, etc. as appropriate or refers to Financial Planning Representatives where appropriate.
• Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management.
What You Have:
Required Education and Experience
College diploma with at least three years financial institution experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
• Experience and eagerness to provide superior customer service.
• Professional manner and poise, and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information and materials.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to effectively work with diverse groups and to interact with all levels of management and staff.
• Proven ability in following policies and procedures.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word), data systems, software applications and technology.
What We Offer:
• Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
• Market competitive compensation plus annual bonus.
• Generous benefit package including flexible health and dental Plan.
• Vacation starting at 2 weeks per year plus personal days.
• Tuition reimbursement, training, and career progression opportunities.
• Salary range for this position: $46,848.35 – $55,155.70.
• This is a 18-month contract.
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter by May 6, 2022.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Provincial Credit Union invites applications from all qualified individuals. Provincial Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.